March 30, 2020
In an increasingly mobile-first world, the need to integrate mobile connectivity into products and services is rapidly growing. iCLASS SE® Reader Modules allow integrators to design third-party solutions that support mobility via near field communication (NFC) or Bluetooth Smart alongside a full range of contactless card technologies.
The iCLASS SE Reader Module’s dual frequency capability allows the simultaneous use of both high and low frequency credentials on the same reader for mixed credential applications. The updated modules also provide new features including enhanced autonomous mode functions for easier host integration and low temperature capabilities for use in harsh environments.
To simplify and speed integration, HID Global provides an iCLASS SE Reader Module Developer Tool Kit (DTK) containing the necessary tools, documentation and developer resources to shorten integration cycles and reduce time to market with finished products.
iCLASS SE® Reader Module Key Benefits:
- Flexible – Simultaneously supports low and high frequency credentials, including iCLASS® Seos®, HID Prox®, iCLASS SE®, MIFARE® Classic and MIFARE DESFire® EV1; supports NFC and Bluetooth for mobile devices.
- Manageable – Firmware is field-upgradable to extend the lifecycle of customer installations.
- Compliant – Supports strictest security standards such as EAL5+ to ensure regulatory compliance and restricted access to corporate resources.
- Versatile – Offers third-party products the ability to securely interoperate with the iCLASS SE® platform, connecting access control across the organization.
- MORE SECURE, TRUST-BASED SECURITY
- Tamper Proof – EAL5+ certified Secure Element hardware provides tamper-proof protection of keys and cryptographic operations to guard against cloning and other breaches.
- Multi-layered security model with secure key management system, breach resistant technology and enhanced privacy protection.
- Operates under HID Global’s open iCLASS SE® platform, which creates a secure and trusted framework within which all cryptographic keys governing system security can be delivered with end-to-end privacy and integrity.
- ENHANCED LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT
- Field programmable and featuring open and configurable Secure Identity Object® (SIO®) enabling a smart card technology upgrade path.
- iCLASS SE® READER MODULE DEVELOPER TOOLKIT (DTK)
- Provides a complete set of resources, allowing the immediate start of development.
- Includes a development board, allowing easy access to all iCLASS SE Reader Module interfaces, iCLASS SE Reader Modules in different form factors and test cards to speed the development process.
- A secure, online developer portal provides access to development documents, tools and utilities to accelerate the time to market.
- SUPPORTS NEXT-GENERATION SIO CREDENTIALS
- Enables a new class of portable identity credentials that can be securely provisioned and safely embedded into smart cards, and smartphones and other mobile devices using HID Global’s iCLASS SE platform.
Overview The OMNIKEY® 5127CK Chip Card Interface Device (CCID) enables integrators to design finished readers without the need to install or maintain drivers, eliminating complex software lifecycle management issues in the field and accelerating the time to market of...
GestIC® Technology (world’s first electrical near–field (E-field) 3D gesture controllers) by Microchip
Overview The MGC3030, MGC3130 and MGC3140 are the world’s first electrical near–field (E-field) 3D gesture controllers. Based on Microchip’s patented GestIC® technology, they enable user gesture detection and motion tracking. Interaction with devices is as simple and...
Overview Demand for reflow-compatible electronic components is constantly growing, due to the desire for increased production efficiency and more consistent product quality. In response, Seiko Instruments (SII) has developed rechargeable button cells that can be...
Stay Up to Date With The Latest News & Updates
Join Our Newsletter
Join our monthly newsletter for the latest updates in the electronics industry