Acconeer unique radar technology is very exciting and opens up a solution for a world of possibilities limited only by your imagination.
Glyn is happy to announce its new partnership with Acconeer, a Swedish company which has developed a unique radar solution that creates new opportunities for human interaction with technology.
The radar sensor is based on PCR (Pulsed Coherent Radar) technology and combines extremely low power consumption with high accuracy. The unique characteristics of this radar sensor make it possible to identify materials and detect motion in advanced sensor applications. The small size, only 5×5 mm, and low power consumption are ideal for compact battery-driven and mobile devices.
Key application areas for Acconeer’s radar sensors include robot and drones, mobiles and wearables, internet of things, power tools and industrial, healthcare and fitness, and automotive.
Pulsed Coherent Radar Features
- Accuracy – The sensor records distance, speed and motion with millimeter accuracy.
- Movement recognition – The sensor performs continuous measurements at up to 1500 Hz.
- Material identification – The sensor can distinguish between materials with different dielectric constants.
- Energy efficiency – Can be integrated into any battery-driven device due to power consumption in the microwatt range.
- Robustness – The radar technology is extremely robust and is not affected by ambient light, noise or polluted environments.
The PCR technology on Acconeer radar sensor offers several great advantages, including high range resolution with a power consumption of less than 1 milliwatt, which offers unique possibilities for integration into a wide range of devices. PCR is a patented proprietary technology; the result of more than 10 years of research by the nanoelectronics group at Lund University, targeted at the development of a methodology for high-accuracy distance measurement with ultra-low power consumption. The invention has already been proven in several steps and with different test configurations. It is recognized as a breakthrough in radar sensor technology.
Learn from the top thought leaders in the industry.
Stay Up to Date With The Latest News & Updates
Join Our Newsletter
Join our monthly newsletter for the latest updates in the electronics industry