March 30, 2020
The MGC3030, MGC3130 and MGC3140 are the world’s first electrical near–field (E-field) 3D gesture controllers. Based on Microchip’s patented GestIC® technology, they enable user gesture detection and motion tracking. Interaction with devices is as simple and intuitive as a wave of the hand. The MGC controller family enables single-chip gesture solutions, with no host processing needed for embedded applications.
GestIC Technology Benefits:
- True single-chip gesture solution for embedded usage
- From 0 (touch) to 20 cm detection range
- Very low–power design
- No detection blind spots
- No ambient influences (light/sound)
- Usage of thin, low-cost sensing electrodes, e.g. standard PCB
- Requires no openings in the housing
- Highest gesture detection reliability
- Active noise handling
- 44-100 kHz carrier frequency no RF interference
- Notebooks/PC peripherals (e.g. the 3DTouchPad from Microchip)
- Audio products
- White goods/appliances/air conditioning control
- Home automation
- Light switches
- Industrial/medical switches
- Electronic readers
- Game controllers
- MGC3030/3130 GestIC® Technology Quick Start Guide
- MGC3140 3D Tracking and Gesture Controller Product Brief
- MGC3130 Single-Zone 3D Tracking and Gesture Controller Product Brief
- MGC3030 3D Gesture Controller Product Brief
Interested? Email us at email@example.com
Information extracted from microchip.com (link)
Overview In an increasingly mobile-first world, the need to integrate mobile connectivity into products and services is rapidly growing. iCLASS SE® Reader Modules allow integrators to design third-party solutions that support mobility via near field communication...
Overview The OMNIKEY® 5127CK Chip Card Interface Device (CCID) enables integrators to design finished readers without the need to install or maintain drivers, eliminating complex software lifecycle management issues in the field and accelerating the time to market of...
Overview Demand for reflow-compatible electronic components is constantly growing, due to the desire for increased production efficiency and more consistent product quality. In response, Seiko Instruments (SII) has developed rechargeable button cells that can be...
Stay Up to Date With The Latest News & Updates
Join Our Newsletter
Join our monthly newsletter for the latest updates in the electronics industry